1. If you are wondering which category you should enter, well you can enter either one or as many as five.
2. Make sure that you are entering the categories that are relevant to your business.
3. While entering different categories, ensure that you are not copy-pasting the same thing.
4. Read the different criteria for different categories before filling the form.
If you are that lucky winner of the CanadianSME National Business Awards 2023, do not forget to brag a little on your website. Of course, all your hard work does deserve some recognition now, doesn’t it?
So, what are you waiting for? Get started now!
- The awards are open to all small businesses in Canada within the retail, service, and manufacturing industries. There are no restrictions. You can be home-based or a solopreneur as long as the following eligibility is met.
- To enter the CanadianSME National Business Awards, all applicants must read and understand the terms and conditions in this document (Terms and Conditions) and complete the online entry form for their chosen category.
- Any business facing legal trials or the owners involved in any kind of legal trials are ineligible to apply for the awards. If you have applied, your application will be cancelled automatically.
- All entrants into the CanadianSME Awards will be notified of any change to these terms and conditions that has taken place before their entry is judged and will be provided with a reasonable opportunity to amend or alter their entry (should they wish to do so).
- Enterprises wishing to enter the CanadianSME National Business Awards 2023 must be registered Canadian businesses to be eligible. Additionally, it is required for enterprises to have demonstrable revenue growth year-on-year for at least the last two fiscal years.
- All submissions must be lodged through the CanadianSME Awards website at smeawards.ca (Website).
- By lodging your entry, you agree to provide CanadianSME, and any other third party undertaking external validation on its behalf, with any relevant documentation requested to assess your application (including verifying your entry against the eligibility criteria requirements set out in these terms and conditions).
- Applicants must be in business for a minimum of two years.
- Each organization can apply for up to five award categories.
- Businesses in the new business category must be in operation for less than 2 years.
- Judges have the right to create or delete additional categories, depending on the number of entries received.
- If an entrant selects more than one category, judges have the right to determine the most appropriate category for that entrant without notification or consultation.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and ultimate.
- Unsuccessful and successful finalists will be notified via email.
- Once you submit your entries, the information cannot be changed or added.
- To be eligible, the young entrepreneur must be 30 years of age or younger.
- If we notice that the information furnished is falsified, hidden, or incorrect in any manner, the applicant shall be automatically disqualified without written or verbal notice.
- By entering the CanadianSME National Business Awards 2023, applicants agree to receive relevant communications from CanadianSME.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries if the answers to the questions are incomplete or irrelevant.
- The CanadianSME National Business Awards 2023 reserves the right to alter or change these terms and conditions at any time at its discretion.
- All entries must be submitted by January 31st, 2024.
- CanadianSME does not guarantee to share all the marketing collateral for every nomination on their social media channels.
- Please check our website, smeawards.ca, for event updates.
At its discretion, CanadianSME applies a weighting to each question, based on the complexity of that question in relation to all questions within a category.
Judges will allocate scores to each question asked, and these scores will be multiplied by an unseen weighting to reach an overall score for each entry.
There will be more than one winner for only categories such as Small Business of the Year, 10 employees, 50 employees and 100 employees, Fintech business of the year.
Where there are two or more entries with the same highest score, the judging panel will be reconvened for the determination of the winner. If after the judging panel has been reconvened, there are still two or more entries with the same highest score, the CanadianSME President will have the final determination.
Judges are required to sign a confidentiality agreement and disclose any conflict of interest.
The Judging Panel’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
In situations where there is only one entrant for a category in an Award, this entry will be judged. Subject to meeting a gateway score, the entry will become an automatic SME Finalist and will be awarded a SME Finalist Award.
A representative of CanadianSME or the Judging Panel may contact any entrant via telephone interview or email for further information or to verify their entry prior to selecting the final preferred winner. Conducting such interviews does not create any obligation on CanadianSME or the Judging Panel to select the interviewed entrant as a winner.
If you are selected as a nominee in the CanadianSME Awards, the information provided in your entry (excluding financial information) will be used for the purpose of promoting the CanadianSME Awards and your business.
Contact information provided in your entry form may be disclosed to sponsors for the purpose of direct opportunities for promotion through sponsor partners. You can refuse the disclosure of contact information to sponsors by advising Maheen Bari at [email protected] in writing.
CanadianSME reserves the right to extend or vary the entry period if required, before or after the CanadianSME National Business Awards entry period commences.
CanadianSME reserves the right to extend or vary the entry period if required, before or after the CanadianSME National Business Awards Entry period commences.
CanadianSME reserves the right to declare any entry ineligible, if at any time during or after the term of the award process your entry form is found to be incomplete, deficient, false, or misleading in any way.
The Small Business of the Year Award (50-100 employees) is an annual award given to a small business that has demonstrated outstanding achievement and success over the past year. This award recognizes businesses that have made a significant impact in their community and have shown a commitment to excellence in all aspects of their operation. To be eligible for this award, businesses must have 50-100 employees and be in operation for at least one year. This prestigious award is a great way to recognize the hard work and dedication of small businesses across the country.
Organizations that have demonstrated significant success by providing their consumers with an outstanding online experience will be recognized through this award. Digital innovation, an increase in financial performance, and the successful use of digital tools to achieve business growth are among the aspects that the judges will consider for the Digital Business of the Year winner.
This award encourages businesses to embrace cultural differences and build relationships with diverse communities.
It is important for businesses to actively work towards creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and culture, as this will benefit everyone involved. By doing so, they are also setting themselves up as leaders in the industry.
By demonstrating these qualities, businesses can create a more inclusive workplace for all employees. The award is dedicated to celebrating the successes of businesses that have positively impacted their communities.
The Tech Business of the Year award is given to a company that has demonstrated excellence in technology and innovation. The award is presented to the company that has made the most significant contribution to the advancement of technology.
The Tech Business of the Year award is among the most prestigious honours in the tech industry. It’s given to the company that has had the biggest impact on the industry over the past year.
The company must have made significant contributions to the advancement of technology and must be a leader in its field.
The Best in Health and Wellness Business Award recognizes companies that have excelled in promoting and providing holistic health and well-being solutions to their clientele. This accolade is reserved for businesses that demonstrate innovation, efficacy, and a commitment to the highest standards in their offerings, whether it’s through fitness programs, health products, wellness services, or educational content. Eligible contenders will have a proven track record of enhancing the physical, mental, or emotional well-being of their customers. They prioritize sustainable and ethical practices, stay updated with the latest health research, and continuously adapt to the evolving wellness landscape. Whether they operate in the realm of traditional medicine, alternative therapies, fitness, or nutrition, nominees should exemplify dedication to bettering lives, pioneering advancements, and setting industry benchmarks in health and wellness.